The Children’s Upliftment Programme (CUP), which was born to this world, as a result of a thought of Nadee Dissanayake who strongly felt that she should make some worthy contribution towards the betterment of children in need together with few other close associates. This ultimately resulted in the formation of a dedicated team called “CUP TEAM”.
CUP was founded in May 2004 with the primary objective of building up the future of the younger generation of the country. Its scope is further narrowed down by targeting the community which suffered from poverty, lack of attention and guidance.
At the beginning CUP was registered as a charitable organization under the Companies Act No. 1982 and today it is a registered non profit making charity organization under the Ministry of Defence, Sri Lanka. (Reg.No:L-141111)
- Education is the foundation, where people can begin to improve themselves and their communities.
- Today's children are tomorrow's leaders and educating them will have a positive impact on their futures and their community's future.
- All Children have the right to quality education regardless of their economic background.
- All Children have dreams and they desire to fulfill them.
- In leveraging technology, knowledge, and resources to create educational opportunities for Children.
- Making an interest to read and write among children and bring out their inherited talents and creative thoughts.